What if you can't run- you're trapped, caught, cornered and fighting for your life... take the following with a grain of salt- it's from a man who grew up in a tough part of town and makes his living on the streets...
- No matter what-always look for a way out
- keep cool- call for help
- Facing a gun? Take cover- even a couch or other barrier sets up a psychological barrier to a shooter... call for help, get out!
- A knife? Run man... can't run? You need a weapon- O2 bottle, House bag, kitchen chair... rule of thumb- fight a blade and you will get cut... and you will bleed. Don't stop trying to get away and don't stop fighting
- Hand to hand? Number One- do not go to the ground with your assailant- never, don't go in low and get trapped. Remember- eyes, nose, throat and testicles. Multiple strikes at a sensitive area are better than a wheel house swing and a miss. If your finger ends up in an eye- push it in, all the way- and then run like hell.
- In the wrong hands anything becomes a weapon- do not forget that.
- You are important- your family needs you- do not go soft in the face of a struggle you are not allowed to escape.
... or mine...
Pedro loves ya'