Based on my observations these are the qualities that every EMS Supervisor worth his breakfast burritos has:
- A drivers license- c'mon you do have a drivers license don't ya? Hey- we'll work with you...
- The ability to seamlessly flip between Facebook and videos of firetrucks on YouTube- and a superhuman reflex to get something that looks like work on the screen if you get an office visitor
- You gotta be a delagator- the more of your work you can push off on others the more time you can spend in the drive thru at Mickie D's
- Breakfast Burritos- you knew we'd come back to them- minimum three a day or don't apply. Same with the 44oz. Slurpee or Big Gulp or whatever they sell in your town. Three a day or don't waste our time
- Physical fitness- if you are currently fit and trim, I would suggest bulking up a bit. Your belly should hang well over your belt and cause you to waddle when taking one of your hourly trips down the hall to ruin the shitter
- You a good listener? You must have the ability to misinterpret and misquote every thing you hear
- Do like meetings? Because you'll be going to a lot of meetings. But don't worry- there's always food and nobody expects you to have any input. In fact, at most meetings nobody wants you to talk at all. Just say- "Hi- is dem doughnuts I see over there? 'kay Bye"
- Are you willing to work the grueling EMS supervisor schedule. You didn't think you were going to work that cushy 60 hour a week paramedic schedule did you? Expect to work five weekday eights- and like it.
- Do you have the ability to become invisible when things go wrong? And pop up like a delicious toaster pastry when the going is good?